Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan

Last night I made what has become a staple in our household.  The famous Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan from Kraft.  I pulled the recipe from the back of the box, just like the Buffalo Chicken Strips I made the day before.  I also make them as pre-packaged frozen meals for my partner and a couple of clients.  Try it out; I'm more than sure, you'll enjoy it.


Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
Kraft Foods. All Rights Reserved. ©
Makes 6 Servings, 4 oz. each

Ingredients:
- 6 small  boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.) 
- 1 pkt.  SHAKE 'N BAKE Chicken Coating Mix* 
- 2 cups  spaghetti sauce 
- 1-1/2 cups  KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese* 
- 1/4 cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese* 
- 1 tsp.  dried oregano leaves

Kitchenware:
- Baking Pan or 9x13 Pan
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Kitchen Spoon
- Kitchen Spatula
- Aluminum Foil (optional)

Preparation:
The recipe given here is from Kraftrecipes.com, so feel free to alter or change anything you think will benefit you health-wise.  I've made this so often that I sometimes use a 6-7 oz chicken breast, so that my tummy can be a little more full.

- HEAT oven to 400°F.
 
- COAT chicken with coating mix as directed on package*; place in 13x9-inch pan.  

- BAKE 20 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
 
- TOP with remaining ingredients; bake 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
**Tips**
- I like to use a bowl or small cake pan to pour the coating mix into and then I'll bread each chicken individually.

- Purchase generic versions of the ingredients to save money.  I used Wal-Mart's Great Value brand for most of my ingredients.  The Seasoning and Coating Mix (Parmesan Crusted), Fat Free Parmesan Grated Cheese (not pictured), Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (low-moisture/part skim), and Thin Spaghetti.

- The nutritional facts for this recipe (using 4 oz. chicken breast) are listed under MyFitnessPal under "Kraft - Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan (Shake'nbake Parmesan Crusted)"

Nutritional Facts:
Serving Size = 1 - 4 oz. Chicken Breast
Calories 260 Sodium 740 mg
Total Fat 8 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 4 g Total Carbs 14 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
Trans 0 g Protein 35 g
Cholesterol 85 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment