Cocina De Don Pedro © 2013 Pedro R. Flores, Jr.. All Rights Reserved.
Makes 4 servings, 1/4 C Each
- 1 cup Fat Free Milk, divided (I prefer to use non-fat instant dry milk)
- 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt or Table Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 5 drops Yellow food coloring
- 4 slices Veiveeta Original Cheese Slices
- Small Sauce Pan
- Wire Whisk- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons- Rubber Spatula
- In a small saucepan combine flour and 1/4 c milk. Mix thoroughly using a wire whisk and add remaining milk.
- Place milk over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Mixture should be slightly thickened.
- Reduce to low, stir in spices and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cheese slices to mixture and remove from heat. Using the wire whisk, slowly stir the sauce until the cheese is melted and blended in
- I use the Non-Fat Instant Dry Milk because it tastes like regular milk. And there's no fat! The nutritional facts were calculated using this recipe, so make sure to look at your milk labels before substituting any of the ingredients.
- Nacho Cheese, Enchilada Cheese, King Ranch Cheese, or any recipe that calls for a creamy cheese. Throw in a can of Rotel or chopped onions and/or Jalapenos - hell throw a party. It's low-fat!!!
Serving Size = 1/4 Cup
|Total Fat||2 g||Potassium||102 mg|
|Saturated||1 g||Total Carbs||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||5 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||5 g|