A healthy delicious deviled egg, who knew?
I'm so excited to share this recipe, because it took me months and months to perfect. In just the last month alone I used over 150 eggs.
With only 1.5 grams of fat, 2.5 mg of cholesterol, and only 1.5 grams of carbohydrates, I'd have to say it is one of my greatest achievements yet. And it tastes like the real thing!!! I tried every online recipe I could find, and they were not good - None. Zilch. Nada. Believe me, I tried countless of recipes. You'll love this one :-)
Yummy Low-Fat Deviled Eggs
Cocina De Don Pedro © 2013
Pedro R. Flores, Jr.. All Rights Reserved.
Makes 12 Servings, 1 Deviled Egg Each
- 6 Eggs
- 1 -1/2 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/3 C Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers, pulverized
- 2 drops Yellow Food Coloring
Garnish Ingredients Optional:
- Green Onion
- Zip-loc Bag
- Meat Tenderizer
- Small Bowl
- Cake Spatula or spreader
- Wire Whisk
- Boil eggs in a small pot, cool & peel. [while eggs are boiling, take your two Ritz crackers and place them in a ziploc bag to pulverize them] see image. Hammer the hell out of the crackers until it turns to a powder. Make sure to use the flat side of the tenderizer, not the teeth side.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk (Feed as a treat to your cat or dog).
- To make egg filling, add cream cheese to a small bowl and using the back of your spatula, or spoon, cream the cheese by pressing down inside the bowl, you don't want any clumps. And do not attempt to heat the cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and using a wire whisk, whip until a creamy texture appears.
- Fill your egg whites, and garnish by sprinkling with Paprika. [I also like to garnish with chives and "Bac-o's"]
Party Trays, Appetizers, Social Gatherings or Just Because :-)
Serving Size = 1 Deviled Egg
|Total Fat||1.5 g||Potassium||33 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated||1 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||1 g||Sugars||1 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||2 g|